540 believes that knowledge is power, and better understanding of the social, historical, and environmental factors that have led us to the present are essential in creating sustainable change. While antiracism work requires more than just education alone, we know it is integral to dismantling white supremacy.
Across platforms and media types, we offer many ways for you to learn about and engage with issues that directly impact your lived experience. While our educational content varies in scope, from blog posts to virtual classes and antiracism consulting, all learning is rooted in and taught from a social justice and antiracism framework.
Our Values are as follows:
- Community - growing together with hard conversations & mutual support
- Inclusivity - you belong here, othering is not tolerated in this space
- Accessibility - accessible, affordable learning for our community
- Respect - acknowledgement of differences while connecting on values
- Social Justice - rooted in antiracism and social justice, always
- Impact - impact over intent, the work we do has a very real effect on our community